Nepali residents in the great state of Oregon are celebrating Nepal Day with a Visit Nepal 2011 theme on July 16, 2011, in Portland, Oregon. This will be a celebration of our heritage as well as an effort to renew ties between our ancestral home and our newly adopted home, Oregon. We would like to share information about our culture, people and places to inspire you to visit Nepal in 2011.
The Nepal Day features Nepal, its people, culture, its natural beauty and opportunity that the beautiful terrains of Nepal present for trekking and hiking experiences in hills and valleys and mountains of Nepal.
The event will feature accomplished Everest mountaineer AC Sherpa from Seattle, Washington. Few other Mount Everest climbers are also expected to attend the event. Nepal Day is expected to be attended by over 300 visitors.
Nepal Day is a celebration of Nepali Food, culture and people. Please come and experience Nepal.
PCC Sylvania Campus
12000 SW 49th Ave
Portland, OR 97219
Date and Time:
July 16th, 2011 (4:30 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Chief Guests
- Local Dignitaries
- Ambassador of Nepal, Hon Shankar Pd Sharma, PhD.
- ·AC Sherpa Video Presentation of Mt Everest
NAO Activities Highlight
People of Nepali heritage making a difference in Oregon (Northwest )
- Showcase profile of Nepali entrepreneurship in Oregon
- Profile of Nepalis contributing to local community and economic sectors
- Showcase Nepali Artifacts (Handicrafts)
People & Places of Nepal
- Presentation of children from Nepali school
- Photo gallery depicting Nepali culture, people and their lifestyles
- Video/ Slide Show on Mero Nepal
- Fashion Show depicting cultural diversity of Nepal
Contributions of Peace corps Volunteers in Nepal
Music and Cultural Program