NAO is going to organize the 2023 Education Workshop on College Admission and Financial Resources. The targeted participants/audiences are high school students and their parents. Other community members are encouraged to take advantage of this webinar. The main goal is to provide information about college admissions and financial resources for a wide range of career paths. Participants can ask live questions.
Seminar Theme: College Admission and Financial Resources
Date and Time: Sunday, April 16th, 2023. 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm PST
Zoom link: Time: Apr 16, 2023 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 826 8234 0465
One tap mobile
+14086380968,,82682340465#,,,,*702212# US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 826 8234 0465
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcSKXp46BI
– Manisha Shrestha: Manisha graduated from the College of Business, University of Oregon. She works as an Accounting Manager at Novanta Company. NAO High School Excellence Award Winner 2010. Manisha will facilitate the webinar as a moderator.
– Sudip Poudyal: Sudip is a Senior at Sprague High School, Salem. He has decided to pursue BS (Computer Science) at Rice University, Texas. He is the NAO High School Excellence Award Winner 2023. Sudip will talk on “School Preparation for College”.
– Swechya Banskota: Swechya is receiving an MD diploma in May from Alpert Medical School at Brown University. She has been matched to Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) for a residency in Pediatrics which will start in June. Swechya is the NAO High School Excellence Award Winner 2013. She will talk about “My education journey in the US from Sixth grade to Residency Intern at the OHSU”.
– Urmila Mali: Urmila is the Associate Director of Instruction and Academic Counselor at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. She will talk on “College Admissions and Requirements.”
– Pramod Lamichhane: Pramod has received Ph.D. (Physics) from Wayne State University, Michigan. Currently, he is a faculty in physics at South Texas College in Texas. Pramod will talk on “Two years community college education and career opportunities”.
NAO has decided to honor a $20 gift card to all 9th, 10th, and 11th-grade students from Oregon and southwest Washington if they attend the workshop full-time.
Please feel free to send questions related to college admissions and financial resources to NAO EC members. These questions will be addressed at the workshop.
We look forward to welcoming you to the webinar!
– NAO Education Committee