What is NAO High School Excellence Award?
Receiving this award will definitely make a difference in your college admission and other scholarship.
What are the eligibility Requirements?
- Transcripts: Official / unofficial transcript, with High School cumulative GPA, issued by their high school.
- Essay: Applicants must write a 500-750 words essay on one of the following three topics:
- Discuss how you will or have already used your diverse life experience and perspectives to contribute to the community you live in. OR
- Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations. OR
- Describe about your future goal/s and the challenges you will potentially face to achieve your goal/s. Explain how you will face those challenges to achieve your goal/s. Describe how your dream will help the community you are living with.
- Resume: Particularly focusing on current standing in school and extracurricular activities; including community participation and voluntary services.
- Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from high school teacher. Teacher’s Evaluation Form must be signed by School Counselor. Please download the Teacher Evaluation Form
- NAO Membership: The status of NAO membership will be verified by the NAO Executive Committee.
Selection Criteria: The applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
High School GPA 50% Essay 25% Volunteer/Community Participation 20% Recommendation 5% Total 100%
In evaluating applicant’s high school GPA, a weighting scale will be applied to account for Honors (H), Advance Placement (AP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses.
Nepali Association of Oregon
Beaverton, OR 97007